Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote fwd change possible? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

JavaGeek2

Technical User
Apr 12, 2005
US
Folks: Is it possible to change a call forward status or number remotely (End user change) ?

For example, an exec sets his fwd button. Calls are then forwarded to his cell phone. But later he changes his mind. Is there is a way for him to turn off or change the fwd number remotely?

I think the answer is no but I wanted to run it by the experts first.

This is an Option 11c with Call Pilot and a Succession 1000m server.

Someone suggested using a softphone and setting the forward that way, but it's not a realistic solution system wide.

Thanks in Advance!
-Aaron

You can do it using the DISA (Dial in system access) feature. The end user dials in and sends the password and the commands to do a remote call forward. *BUT* this opens a gateway for prospective hackers. To get DISA you need software package 22. Nortel does not issue that package on a default system due to the security implications.

he's right, you need to give the user switch dialtone. i don't use disa but offer that feature. i used a ext (fre ncos 0) and ran it in as a trunk on a cot card. then forwarded a maxp 1 to that acod. dial that did and you get switch dialtone, that can dial internal or feature codes only, no trunk to trunk allowed

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

As always, thanks for the excellent information guys!!
-Aaron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back