Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote flash programing

Status
Not open for further replies.

silver987

Vendor
Sep 22, 2004
US
I have a customer with MICS 6.1 & flash 2 2.0 They would like to record the AA message remotly, I have searched all the flash manuals and i can't find a thing. Verrry frustrating.. Any help appreciated..

I don't remember if this can be done on Flash but, I know it can be done a NAM and CP. You'll first need to initialize the SYSADMIN mailbox, once this is done you'll call in and log into the SYSADMIN mailbox (as if it were a regular mailbox)then press 99, then you'll press option 2 to record greetings and just follow the prompts. You will need to know which greeting number you want to record, as I said I don't remember if this worked on the Flash VM's but good luck!

Louie Roldan

The only way you could do this is to do some trickery on the vmail using CCR and an Info mailbox as the greeting or part of the greeting.
Info mailboxes can be changed remotely if created under MBOX (not CCR Path).

If they're talking about having the recordings made professionally, you can have them recorded to any playback device, and load them with a radio shack handset adapter through f983.

Can any other ADMIN functions be done remotly, i.e. setting up a new MB or resetting a PW, etc via this login procedure without using the RAD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back