Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote Ext

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 16, 2005
US
Hi everyone,

I was wondering what solution you guys recommend for a remote DIGITAL extension for a Norstar CICS 6.1. The phone will be a T7316E remotely, and both sites have DSL. I've looked at the MCK extenders, but they seem a bit expensive for just one ext.

Thanks.
Matt

If I did an ATA2, what combination of FXS and FXO gateways would I need on the remote client / PBX side?

Thanks,
Matthew

None... ATA2 will give an analog circuit you can run over an OPX circuit... call your local teleco they will price it for you... based on distance. Analog phone at the remote end only.

Marv
TeleMarv Services

I prefer not to go down the OPX circuit road, due to incurred cost at the telco. I would prefer a VoIP setup; we've got plenty of bandwidth between the two sites. I was looking at the MultiTech products for VoIP gateways. Any advice?

Thanks,
Matthew

You were looking for a cheap solution...

An OPX at $20.00 a month compared to several thou for MCK, pay back is more than 10 years.

Marv
TeleMarv Services

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back