Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote EPN without ESS cannot register

Status
Not open for further replies.

uzumaki

Technical User
Aug 16, 2007
SG
Hi Guys,

I have an existing S8720 with CNA, CNB, CNC activated in Location 1. I have an ESS deployed in Locations 2.

Now, Im deploying 2 IPSI and 2 G650 in location 1 but on a different floor. The existing network cossist of multiple ACLs per subnet.

I've already done the "add ipser" command to add the new IPSI and did the "add cab" do add the additional gateways. All existing PNs are duplicated so this is just an additional remote PN.

Now for some reason the server cannot see the IPSIs that i added. I tried doing the "pingall -a" on the shell, I can ping one of the IPSIs (the other ipsi has a network problem)but IT DOESNT REGISTER AT ALL.

The added question is, if the server can ping the IPSI it should accept the registration.

I would suspect a routing issue. I would put a static route in the server to point to your new IPSI using the CNA interface.

PG

Because i have 2 different subnets on the 2 IPSI. I can ping IPSI B but not IPSI A.

Yes I dont have a static routes on my S87xx server, logically if the server can ping the IPSI it should register quickly onto the server right? But in this case it cannot. I had to have a brainstorm with my friend and he said, the server must see the 2 added IPSI first so that it can perform to select which would be the first active and the first standby. Any ideas?

Verify you IPSI board settings.

Check with your network guys to confirm port and VLAN settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back