Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

remote desktop win200pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

andnelso

MIS
Sep 24, 2001
US
Simple quetion.... Can you install remote desktop connection in win200pro....just like the xp remote desktop connection.

Forgot to mention.. I mean the ability to take the desktop over for administration. without the use of a program like PCanywhere

You can use remote desktop to control an XP machine from a 2K one, but not vice versa. Hope that VNC's useful (I tried it a while ago, and found it hard to understand - now use remote admininstrator - - but that costs $35 - it is very good).

You can use Netmeetings 'Remote Desktop' feature in W2k. It's easy to setup and works fine.

Yes, VNC works fine. Even with a modem you will get your job done. It is very easy to install.

Question:

anyone here knows if you can use Citrix Metaframe to connect to a win 2k pro machine remotely?

Thanks.

Titleist - I always forget about that feature! (My son keeps reminding me)

the newer version of vnc is tightvnc. I used it on my network and it works really good, besides it is free. Done some test running using dial up on 56k modem to remote location it works great. It also allows for multi user for the session.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back