Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote Desktop Web Connection Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

lloydny

MIS
Sep 18, 2002
US
I set up Remote Desktop Web Connection on a 2003 Server running Terminal Services. When I try to connect to the site from an XP Professional machine, I see the connection page however, a VBScript message pops up: Remote desktop Web Connection ActiveX control could not be installed. A connection cannot be made without a working installed version of the control. I tried it from a Windows 98 machine and the ActiveX installed without a problem. Does anyone know how to fix this most annoying problem? Thanks in advance for any help.

Hi,

Just curious why you don't just enable remote desktop instead of using tsweb? Right Click my computer, remote tab, check enable remote desktop on the server. On the desktop click start run, type mstsc and press return. Type server name and choose options if you want then connect. Works perfect on all of my servers. Plus the remote desktop client works with Windows 98.

Dan

Dan, Sorry I was not clear on this. I am using Remote Desktop within the office, however I am testing the Web connection for mobile users outside the office. I have no problems with Remote Desktop, only with the Remote Desktop Web Connection.

Check that your IE security setting will allow you to down load and install active x controles and if it's XP SP2 make sure that the pop up blocker isn't stopping it. TSWeb requires this control and installes it on first connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back