Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote Desktop Stopped Working!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 23, 2004
US
Windows 2003 Small Business Server with six PCs in the domain.
Until recently one user had been able to connect through the hardware firewall from home to her office desktop PC.

Suddenly she can't!
I installed a (temporary) non-domain PC this morning, and Remote Desktop works like a champ from outside to that PC.

This looks like a software firewall issue, but there are no third-party software firewalls involved and the Windows firewall on the XP machines are controlled by the domain.

Anyone know how I can get her Remote Desktop working again???

Check the firewall settings. I've had several times when even though I'd allowed RDC through the windows firewall, for no apparent reason the settings get removed. I go back in and redo the firewall config and everything is good again.

This seems to be my problem. With domain policy controllinf the Windows firewall, how do I allow remote desktop?

The only settings I can find are for IP addresses & ranges.

Off, I'm no help there. Group Policy always confuses me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back