Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote desktop sound and 64 bit server

Status
Not open for further replies.

GettinBi

Technical User
May 1, 2008
CA
We're currently running Windows XP on our desktops. The volume control in Remote Desktop on our new 2008 R2 X64 server is x'd out. Do we need XP drivers loaded onto the server?

Is audio disabled on the client's RDP connection or disable on the server connection or servers group policy?

We're replacing our old Terminal server that runs on Windows 2003. Neither server had sound cards, so audio is naturally disabled on both at the server itself, but the 2003 server played sound on any client machine. On the 2008 the volume control shows, but is disabled even under my admin settings. I haven't set anything up to disable.

Thanks anyway guys, but I found the problem. I checked off a box that looked like it was to enable desktop audio, but it was actually the opposite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back