Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

REMOTE DESKTOP HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

newtofoxpro

Programmer
Sep 16, 2007
IN
I have two PC in my office ( 1) Windows server 2003 2) Windows XP )working in LAN. Server 2003 machine has two lan cards one is for LAN and another for internet. Status is LAN & Internet both are working good in server.

I have Laptop (xp installed) which I want to use it from my HOME via internet/remote desktop.

I have purchased static IP

How did I setup my server 2003 ?

START -> MY COMPUTER -> MANAGE -> LOCAL USERS AND GROUP -> USERS -> NEW USER as <remote-user> and set the password.

START -> MY COMPUTER -> PROPERTIES -> REMOTE -> ALLOW USER TO CONNECT REMOTLY -> SELECT REMOTE USERS -> ADD <remote-user>

After above setup.

1) I run mstsc.exe in office xp machine and put computer : server ( server 2003 name ) -> user name & password ( IT WAS WORKING FINE )

2) in mstsc.exe computer : (Static IP) ( IT WAS FAILED) because I did not setup static ip in server's TCP/IP setting.

3) I put static IP in TCP/IP setting lan card which is running for internet. Then I found internet browser failed.

4) I put static IP in TCP/IP setting lan card which is running for LAN. Then I found LAN failed.

PLEASE HELP ME STEP BY STEP.

You need to make sure port 3389 it open to the internet for you to connect correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back