Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote Desktop Connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

texan01

Technical User
Mar 3, 2005
US
Trying to use R D C to access a callpilot 4.0.4 201i. Anybody have any luck with connecting and if so I need a few pointers.

Where are you getting stuck? Are you able to at least get to the login screen?

I forgot to mention that I am trying to do this thru dial up. All I get is when the modem answers it trys to verify username and password. I set up an account using NGenDist to allow remote access. Also I read somewhere where you are not supposed to use pc anywhere so that's why I am using RDC. Thanks for any help.

Texan01,
You could get rid of RDC altogether. Install PEP CP404ACC001S (pcAnywhere Host only mode for CP 201i Servers running 3.0 and 4.0

Jeff

Thanks, I'll try that. Is that what Nortel requires if they need to access the CallPilot?

Nortel requires either RDC or pcAnywhere. This PEP was just released.

Jeff

i am also trying to connect with pcanywhere to my callpilot server. (2.01/ 201i)
HAD NO succes so far but found in the NTP that connection will not work with 201i server.

still working on it.

Anybody had success ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back