Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote Dail in

Status
Not open for further replies.

miisl2003

Technical User
Feb 22, 2003
AU

I have XP(pro) box sitting at home configured to receive incoming calls (all incoming call will be assigned an IP between a range of 192.168.0.5 - 10.

At my office I have win2k running. When I try to dial in to my xp box I get authenticated and the connection is established with an IP. My problem is while the connection is still established I cannot access the XP box at all. I can not even see the PC.

I want to access the files on the XP box from the win2k box. I have shared the C: drive and all that.

Any Ideas on how to over come this problem ?

You said that while the connection is established, you cannot access the XP box at all. What do you mean by that? Can you ping the XP box by name? Can you ping it by IP address?

I am just dialling in from a Win2k box in my XP box.
I enter a user name and password and then click on connect all is fine, even on the task bar the (computer)connection icon indicates the session is established. Problem is I cannot ping the XP box therefore I cannot access the shared C: drive.

Kindest Regards,
John.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back