Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote control gone in Admin Console

Status
Not open for further replies.

FCoda10

MIS
Jan 29, 2002
US
My Remote Control option has just disappeared from my Admin Console and i don't know why. The server still has the option and it works fine and I checked my permissions and nothing has changed. Any ideas before i reinstall my console?

Are you the Administrator of SMS? If not, perhaps the person who is accidentaly turned off the right within SMS's SECURITY feature. If you are the Admin, maybe you can go in and check to make sure it is turned on for your account. On the left pane in the console click on Security and on the right pane verify that you have 'Use Remote Tools' enabled under the Collection Class.[morning]

Thanks for the response but I just reinstalled the managment tools and it back up and running. Im still not sure why it disappeared but Im the only admin that touches SMS. SMS will always be a mystery to me !! :)

Thanks, thats probably what caused the problem. Microsoft and all there updates - nothing but problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back