Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote control agent not found

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nofeark21

Technical User
Dec 27, 2006
US
Using SMS sp3
Properties of Remote Tools Client Agent has "Enable Remote Tools on clients" checked and "Do not install Remote Control components for advanced clients...." Unchecked
The Security tab has my user listed. Policy is full.
The management point is set to the server SMS is installed on. This is not where DNS and WINS is located. It is on a different server.
This server is for SMS only. We have other servers on the network that take care of our other functions.
I have repaired the SMS Remote Tools Agent on both the server and client. Status of both show installed.

Can anyone give me some ideas of what is wrong and why it won't work? Thanks.

See if running enable and initiate client discovery does the trick for you.

I am running Windows 2003 server and Windows XP on clients. When I use the Discover site it says it is unsuccessful. I think this may have something to do with this problem, but not sure why yet. Any ideas?

Interesting. have you extended the schema yet?

1. Check the machine then schema was extended on and look at the AD schema extention log located on C:\ for errors errors?

2. Check AD Users & Computers. Does the SMS server have full control to the "System" container and all child containers? (you'll need to go to the drop down under "view" and select advanced to see this.)

3. Has the System Management container been created with the entries for the SMS server? SMS-SERVER-NAME

4. Verify on the SMS server that a nslookup can return the server name and other SMS servers.

5. Make sure DNS is functioning properly and has the proper entries

6. Verify WINS is working (doesnt really need wins according to ms.....but yeah...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back