Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

remote control a comp, yet still use TV for moniter 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

greneday556

Technical User
Oct 5, 2003
US
I have a rigged up computer to run as a media center, music movies, and such. When I use remote desktop from windows xp, it will not let me use the TV as a display source. if I move it out of its cubby, hook up a keyboard mouse, then it works, but I was wanting to be able to control it from my main computer.
the main problem is, with remote desktop, on the TV it just shows the login screen, showing I am running programs. I need a way to get pass that so it shows my desktop, but still remote control it.
I know it sounds wierd but, thats me :)
Thanks.

Have you tried using VNC or some other remote control product to see if you have the same results?

aye, i use Radmin, very nice, and solves all my problems, but was pretty much wondering, if there was a dos command, hidden XP program, workaround, so that I could control the media station without using Radmin (30 day trial)
Sorry for it being a little etchy, was at 3am last night.
Thanks for the reply.

UlraVNC works for my Media Server running on a Windows2000 Server. I watch tv from work. Either I have to go home to do Svideo and change the chanel or cable directly to change channel then start back the server.

UltraVNC works for me.. then terminal service to do some real time controls on another virtual desktop.

Also I created to shortcuts to run channels that I use most often.

OnePair

where can i get UltraVNC from?
i found it at sourceforge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back