Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote Connections for PDA's

Status
Not open for further replies.

danvant

IS-IT--Management
Jun 3, 2003
GB
Hi Guys,

Am I right in thinking that with Exchange 2003 you can configure it along with your firewall to allow PDA's to conect and synchrosnise inbox and calendar data. If this is true, can anyone shed any light on how to do it please.

Cheers

Dan

Pocket PC devices that can connect to the internet can connect using the active-sync feature built into exchange 2003. Some palm OS devices are now being liscenced to use the active-sync technology also. Most notably of the Palm OS devices is the Treo650. Active-sync is supposed to be enabled and configured out of the box. If your handheld devices don't support the active-sync technology then mobile users still have the option of using OMA (a version of Outlook Web Access that is optimized for mobile devices).

If you are looking at Blackberry devices there is a desktop redirector program to send info from outlook to the handheld. YOu can also get Blackbery's enterprise server (program that integrates with your exchange server) to avaoid leaving a desktop computer on and logged in.

Hope this info is helpfull.

JGiacobbe

JGiacobbe,

i know all about the BES server and the active synch software, what i am usure of is the configuration of getting active synch to work through a firewall and on a single server environment.

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back