Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote Connection to Meridian Mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

overseasbro

Technical User
Mar 21, 2002
US
I have an Opt-81C with Meridian Mail. I have a STA connection to an MSDL card with Meridian Mail on a terminal, which I can talk to Mail via the terminal. Ihave setup a A/B switchbox with the Terminal on A and a modem on B. I cannot talk with the mail when dialing into it. I have a straight through DB 25 cable and have verified the settings on the modem (us-robotics) 56K. Any suggestions on remote connectivity with Meridian Mail?

Thanks
Chris

Chris W

What happens when you dial into it via a modem? does it say it connects with a blank screen? If so, when connected hit cntrl R and see if that helps

This may be a stupid question but did you throw the A/B switch over?

I did throw the A/B switch over to B. However, I do connect with a blank screen. I will try the control R and see what happens. Someone also mentioned that I may need a null-modem adapter.

Chris W

Are you using the null modem adaptor that is supplied with the switch?

I inherited this switch. I can go to Comp USA and buy a null modem, can't I?

Chris W

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back