Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

remote calls via trunk / cost accounting

Status
Not open for further replies.

timpan

Programmer
Oct 14, 2003
DE
I am looking for a way of letting remote users that are connected to us via a trunk of type isdn to make outgoing calls via our PBX. We used to have a trunk defined which allowed outgoing calls directly but we have no way of doing the cost accounting for these calls. How can I link calls from this trunk to a specific extension or authorization code so that it can be utilized in our cost-accounting system (teletax).

Thanks in advance for any info provided.

I don't know if this will work for you but in my PABX, I created a VDN number which routes to a remote access extension. In this way, call accounting software will recognized the VDN number as the originator or the calling party that was used or dial a NDD/IDD calls. When report are generated in Call accounting system through authorization codes of each users, A VDN that was indicated at the report only means that that particular user used a remote access to call NDD/IDD calls.

It does not work via this trunk. The caller receives a tone for dialing the number but it is as if the pbx is not receiving the tones and the call gets routed to the operator. If I do the call from our E1 trunk it works without any problem and with the VDN it also works with the cost accounting. I think the problem is either the way this isdn trunk is configured or the way the remote pbx that is connected via this trunk is configured but I have no idea where to look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back