Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote Callcenter 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

fmoraes

Technical User
Aug 24, 2015
BR
Hello All!

I'd started in new company a few days ago and we have a project to move our callcenter to another place.
But, just the sets. All other stuffs as pabx, recorders, IVR will remain at local data center.
We have 2 fibers to connect both sites and the network in new site will be the same as here. Just putting the sets in other site, taking care of configuring QoS in this fiber-link, will it works? Am I forgetting something?

Rgs,

fmoraes

The tech part is easy. It is pretty much that simple.

Proper planning and testing is something altogether different and will be the most important part of your move.

Just curious: what's that project to move your agents to another place look like? I can't imagine there's any rollback possibilities after your agents get told to show up somewhere else to work.

Maybe try out 20% of them at the new place a month before to iron out any bugs. Maybe get sets at the new place too while the old place is still operating.

Your biggest risk is probably having no back-out strategy and your best mitigation strategy is to test it and beat it to death and get everyone involved (LAN, WAN, cabling, etc) signing off on the new place being ready.

Don't forget your liability issues with E911. If you only have phones with no gateway you have no local P&P lines (Pizza and Police). You may want to discuss with your carrier services provider. Most SIP providers can accommodate. If using hardwired services you will probably have an issue with getting them to support 911 on a building where the circuit is not terminating. If you are using IP Phones and do need to setup for E911 services you don't want to extend the layer 2 for the phone segments. They should be isolated to the building (and floor in large commercial multi-story buildings) and setup different network regions. You may want to review with your corporate legal. If you don't account for 911 and something happens you can be pretty sure you will lose the lawsuit.

2nding what JimboJimbo said. Here is a purple star.

Don't forget to get E911 off your back - get your boss/legal/someone who-isn't-you to sign off on that if they don't want to do it right.

I'd also recommend throwing an LSP + media gateway with local trunks so 911 continues to work, maybe a PRI to allow business to continue working minimally.

just went thru this on a smaller scale. We ended up doing exactly what randycarroll suggests. We put in an LSP with a failover PRI. In the event our fiber were to get cut by happy on a backhoe we would still have voice service.

Tks everybody !!! I'm so glad that you are involved to help each other!
I understand you recommend an LSP + Media Gateway. But do you think it's necessary ? Even if I have 2 fibers with diferent carriers? And diferent last mile?

I think its necessary if your boss thinks its necessary ;)

There are other weak points that make all the redundancy useless anyways unless you plan around it -- example: bad power/non redundant circuits for power in the server room

Hi There!

I need some help.

We start this new site few days ago and we used to work with 80 administrative sets. But today 50 agents sets began and we have a serious problem with voice.

We look the link and the traffic just have 6Mbs actually and this link has 200 Mbs.

But the calls are very very bad... We are looking about QoS, but everything is ok...

Any tip? I am really need a help now! [sadeyes]

Do you have QoS enabled from end to end (IP Phone set to media gateways)? This means all switches and routers along the way.

You could also try lowering the quality of the calls...

"change ip-codec-set X" (Don't overwrite any that are in use for fear of unintentional breakage)
"change ip-network-map" put your phones in the new building in a new region
"change ip-network-region X" modify the new network region for this office
Give that region and its interregion connections that lower quality codec set. This might help alleviate the problem, alleviate/not fix.

Hi!

Just to you know some issues in the firewall was the cause that problem.
Our network team took off the audio outside the firewall and now it works fine.

We have 2 links. One just for audio e other for data.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back