Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote call pilot setup 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

foneguy8

Programmer
Feb 8, 2007
US
I am trying to use a remotely located 5.0 Call Pilot server for an Option 11 - version 4.5.
The Option 11 currently has a MerMail.
I am able to setup the mailboxes, but I am not able to light the lights on the phones.
I have IP virtual trunks between the offices as a "tie line".

Is there some type of configuration I am missing for the lights to work?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Jeff

One idea ....
When you dial an extension from the main site, to the remote site, do you have to ring anything other than the extension? ie if the extension is 1234, do you dial 1234 or do you dial an access code then the extension? ie 551234?
If you have to dial an access code, add that to the DN / MWI DN1 entry of the mailbox for a specific extension, then try.

I do have to dial an access code between the 2 offices, buy unfortunately I have already tried to add that access code to the MWI field in the mailbox. This is still not lighting the lights.

Thank you for your reply.
Jeff

You might want to look at your permissions list and make sure the access and the number together are in there so it will pass it to the PBX system and not be blocked in the vmail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back