Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote Call Forwarding

Status
Not open for further replies.

map3rd

Technical User
Jul 19, 2005
US
Is there a way to turn on and off call forwarding remotely WITHOUT using remote access or telecommuting access?

For Example: I would like to call a DID to turn on call forwarding and another DID to turn it off.

I've even tried using the remote access DID and barrier code with the call forwarding feature and number to forward all in one string and it doesn't like it.

ok
so the avaya will forward to (mitel)555-666-1111, mitel 555-666-1111 will call-forward to 555-212-1212 .
a caller dials the avaya it will get forwarded to the mitel and then forwarded to the destination, if a caller dials the mitel the call is forwarded to the destiantion
i don't see the overlap

avaya number 1111 will forward to mitel 2222 when user is at mitel 2222
when the user leaves mitel 2222 to go to avaya 1111, she will forward mitel 2222 to avaya 1111
now 1111 is forwarded to 2222 and 2222 is forwarded to 1111 until she can get there to turn off the forwarding to 1111
she will be going back and forth randomly
this is why i wanted some type of easy way that she can remotely cancel the call forwarding.

so this transition from working at the mitel until working at the Avaya, where are callers being sent to? Avaya voicemail or Mitel voicemail? Seems like a very a lot more work than what is neeeded.
my motto on this:
technology cannot fix personnel issues
i also understand needing to resolve as best you can a user's need.

fne=feature name extension - so, ec500 territory

I am referring to the "CAll forward All" or "Call forward Busy" under the feature name extension.

you would still have to remotely cancel it or call forwarding, I'm trying to figure out a one button turn off and on.

1 button ec500 , hit once to enable hit it again to disable, ec500 is the way to go here

you can't ec500 with a button on a Mitel phone

never mind, how i want to do this can't be done without remote acces, that's what i'll use

1 button ec500 , hit once to enable hit it again to disable, ec500 is the way to go here.
Once disabled, check Mitel voicemail for any messages.

as is said in my first question;

Is there a way to turn on and off call forwarding remotely WITHOUT using remote access or telecommuting access? have a nice weekend guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back