Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote call forwarding with Vectoring? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

distcomp

Programmer
Jan 29, 2002
US
I have a G3 V8 and need to forward calls off-site for sales agents who work both in the office and off-site. What is the best way to set this up? Ideally they would like to be able to turn the feature on and off with a FAC. I have vectoring on the switch.

What way would work best?

You could look at using send-call button. It would send a call to a new extension that has a cover remote dial set up.
When there in the office the button is off and when there out the button is on. Wisdom is Knowledge
that is Shared

Thanks All Phoneman2

I was just looking at my switch and noticed that under system-parameters customer-options that CVG OF CALLS REDIRECTED OFF-NET is set to N.

Does this need to be turned on first? If so, I assume thart can only be done by AVAYA, correct?

true, and you are going to have to apy for it as well...

Sorry Guys, coverage of calls redirected off net (CCRON) is an option that allows the Definity to remain in charge of calls redirected off net to pull covered calls back into the Definity when a call isn't answered after being routed off net (for instance by a cellphone). If you just wnat to route calls to external number without further coverage by your Definity, you can just use coverage remote or call-forwarding to an external number (not advised to be turned on in the COS for security reasons.)
Little time right now, but if you have any questions, please make yourself heard.

Good luck!

Kind Regards,
Maarten Copini

-Please let fellow members know if their post was of any help-

btw, if you make a VDN-> Vector, you can always insert the step route-to number XXXXXXX and make your peeps forward to the VDN's number or just set up a coverage path to the VDN or to a coverage remote nr.

Kind Regards,
Maarten Copini

-Please let fellow members know if their post was of any help-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back