Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote Call Forwarding use Tie Lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaco8867

IS-IT--Management
Sep 13, 2001
US
Ok here is the situation, have a Magix R2.2 with both pots lines (Pool 70) and a T1 (using 100D Card) configured as tie lines (pool 899). Pool 899 is used for outbound calls only and pool 70 is mainly inbound. Outbound calls work fine through ARS when manually dialed; this includes speed dial calls and transfers. The problem is whenever remote call forwarding is used the caller gets a fast busy when the ARS is used or when pool 899 is used. ARS should be routing the calls to the 899 pool. If configured to use pool 70 the calls transfer successfully. Looking on the CSU error log shows errors stating Mandatory information element is missing or invalid number format (incomplete number).

Any help would be appreciated

Check the FRL for remote call forwarding. By default the system will generally restrict remote call forwarding by decreasing this to zero.

Have you enabled the stations needing to perform a remote call forward to do remote forwarding? I just don't want to assume the obvious.

Maybe try enabling trunk transfer as well?

ALex

I have both remote call forwarding and trunk transfer enabled on the stations in questioned. The FRL for both the stations and the routes in ARS are set to 3.

I've never had any troubles call forwarding off premise with a T1 or PRI. I enable the ext.'s for trunk transfer and remote forward. Make sure the phones have no restrictions, etc. What are you exactly doing when you forward the phone? What's the carrier?

The Phones have no restrictions on them. I'm trying to forward calls to users Cell Phones using remote call forward with or without Simultaneous Internal Alert. The carrier is AT&T. As I mentioned above it works if I stay with pots lines, but as soon as I try the T1 I get a fast busy. I know it works because we have people transferring manually to the cell phones without any problems. it occurrs only when the PBX attempts the transfer.

Isn't reliable disconnect used for Loopstart Lines? The pots lines in questioned are Groundstart. Otherwise I'm not sure how to check reliable disconnect.

Based on the info provided, you are trying to xfer an inbound pots line call out over a T1 channel. You can accomplish this manually, but not when you set the forwarding on the station and let the Merlin perform the RCF. Is this correct? You should set Reliable Disconnect to Yes regardless. It won't affect anything. (Lines and Trunks> TT LS Disc > LS Disconnect) When you set the Forwarding on the station, what are you dialing in to accomplish this? I am curious if you are dialing 9+ number or are you trying to dial the 899 pool directly.

GoKings
You are correct, that is exactly what is happening.
Reliable Disconnect is ON. I have tried both dialing 9+ and dialing the 899 pool directly with the same result. The only way I can get it to work is if I dial the 70 pool(pots lines) directly.

Are you able to manually fwd a call over the 899 pool or only via the 70 pool?

I am able to manually forward over both th 70 pool and 899 pool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back