Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

remote call forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

vztech

Programmer
Jun 19, 2003
US
BCM400

anyone know if you can call forward a set from another location ( home)

It's only dialtone-VZ

You can forward (Residential Number) into a BCM DID number. I suspect the DID number in (Call Pilot) integration would detect the forwarding code stream from the original number dialed and not allow it to be answered by the DID number's voicemail.

(Previously, there were some integrations that could
eg. MITEL SX2000 - Octel/Avaya 250 but a Nortel Meridian (DMID or FLTN Integration) - Octel/Avaya 250 didn't.)

I'd sure hate it if somebody accidently forwarded to my phone and my voicemail got buried with their messages...

KE407122

I think what he's asking is, from his house can he call into the BCM and forward his office phone to another number.

Ooops.

The only thing I've seen is OUTBOUND TRANSFER notification in the Call Pilot Voicemail can be done remotely.

Users can be advised to press 7 and be transferred out in the voicemail greeting, they can still press 0 for attendant option as well.

From Call Pilot you can turn Call Forwarding (Immediately) to Voicemail on remotely too.

KE407122

I do not think there is a way to do it You need to log to the system and do it

The administrator can forward all calls to a particular set via Unified Manager if on release 3.6 or higher. Otherwise, to forward a phone remotely requires a human at the other end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back