Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

remote call forward 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

llathrop

MIS
Mar 22, 2005
US
I want to be able to remotely forward a phantom set, by calling a number and entering the new number to forward to. Is their a way to do that? This is to change the On-call number that is reached from a Call Pilot menu. the on-call tech will call the number and set their cell phone as the new on call number.

build a rcfw code in the ffc, set a scpw on the set, from switch dialtone, dial the feature code, the scpw then the forward to number number #.. very do-able anyone of us that have it set up can help with the code, from work..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I would love to see that--It would make my day! I am a slow learner though, so talk slow. How do I figure out the feature codes?

ld 57 prt ffc all, then look for rcfw code, used to be #2 default, may not be defined

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

First check in CDB to see what the station control password length is.
LD 21
REQ PRT
TYPE FFC
CUST 0
SPCL (a number between 0-8)(this is your station password length, if it is 0, go to LD 15, repeat down to SCPL and enter a number ?[4]

Now go to LD 57
REQ CHG
TYPE FFC
FFCT YES
CODE RCFA
RCFA (this is where you enter a code for call forward, i.e #77)
RCFA
CODE RCFD
RCFD (this is the code for deactivation, i.e #78)
RCFD

Now go to LD 11
REQ CHG
TYPE (type of phone)
TN L S C U
SCPW (a password for this station, length to reflect SPCL in ld 15)
KEY X CFW (make sure set has cfw)

OPERATION;
From any set 1. dial remote call forward FFC
2. dial station control password of set to be forwarded
3. dial prime dn of that set
4. dial the number to where the call will be forwarded
5. hang up. Done

great post Ted, couldn't remember the exact feature code without being in my switch. i also thought you had to add a # after the dest. guess i need to go back to remote forward 101.. thanks

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thanks Guys--I am going to try this in the morning when I get to work--I'll let you know if I have trouble!

I really appreciate it!

Luke

Ok I have everything setup-it works great! Is their an easy way to change the number from the outside? So that I can remotly call in and forward the number? I was thinking of setting up an phantom number DCFW to the feature code, but I am not sure if that works, or even if it's a good idea.

Thanks again for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back