Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote call forward on a partner ACS R6 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

DDayton

Technical User
Dec 29, 2009
US
I understand the programming, the question is: Do I need a physical phone to have remote call forwarding working? In other words once I have x10 programmed with RCF and then another extension where it's activated, can I unplug that phone and use it somewhere else and still have calls forwarded from the now non-existent extension?

It's been a while since I did this, but if you program Remote call forward to a port, say for example 28 and then you also set the automatic line selection to grab outside lines, not intercom when it goes off hook, (it probably is already correct), then I think you are good to go.

You need to store the forward number in FEATURE 80's memory spot for ext. 28 in this example.

You then need to invoke call forward FEATURE 11 28 80 where you are forwarding 28 to 80. The trick is as you say, when you unplug the phone, does it stick? I seem to recall doing this but actually invoking it from ext. 10 (admin phone) where I pressed FEATURE 11 28 80 and with no phone plugged in it seemed to work.

Give it a try. Like I said, it's been a while. Also, keep in mind that after a power failure, it will reset and you need to do it again. Being able to do it from ext. 10 is helpful in these cases.

Let me know if you have luck.

Mike

YES it does work... and you don't have to have the phone plugged in. I use several non-existent extensions that don't even have ports at the switch. As Mike said, when the power goes out, you will have to reactivate the call forward for each of those extensions. Also, I have setup (under central programming for the phantom ext) different speed dials so I can change it to another cell phone number on the fly by simply dialing F11 40 81/82/etc. Hope this helps!

Thanks Guys, I have a customer planning on trialing this and wanted to be able to give them an answer as to if they have to buy a phone for every location. Appreciate the answers!

Miked, you say I have to set automatic line selection, doesn't the system use the default line selection, in this case external DT?

Also... I'm sure you've already mentioned this to your customer, but consider that if you are transferring outside callers to an ext. with RCF...obviously it will take up an additional CO line. In a system with only a few CO lines, this could cause a problem as it did for me - NO free lines. However, I mainly use it now for an after hours on-call person via the AA message (press 3, transfers caller to ext 43, which is forwarded to speed dial 80).

Certainly not trying to barge in on Mike here, but I can tell you on an R7 it doesn't matter whether the ALS starts with an intercom or not - it will automatically recognize it as an outside call and grab a CO line (assuming the ALS for that ext. has enough CO lines to have an available line to dial out on, all the correct line permissions, etc.). It may be different for an R6 though. Mike may be able to verify this. :)

Thanks s80, DDayton, yes if you don't mess with auto line selection it would be default on this one. You should be ok.

Just as a follow up, everything worked smoothly except unplugging the phone set. RNA with the set unplugged, when I plugged it back in and reactivated RCF everything worked fine. This was an R6 processor, maybe that feature was added in R7? Anyways, thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back