Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

REMOTE BLFs

Status
Not open for further replies.

james1982

Technical User
Nov 14, 2003
GB
Hi All,

Has anyone setup / played with remote blfs?????
I have 2 sites clustered but for whatever the reason i cant get remote blf feature to work.
Ive followed all mitels guidelines.
When running traces i can see msg data been sent between the switches for the blf but the led doesnt light.
have 2 mxes 1 ver 8ur3, 1ver8ur1

hasve any of you guys ever had this working?
any ideas known issues?

cheers

Hi James,

In your Cluster element assignment look at the Feature DN numbers for the Clustered Elements. You have to have the DN numbers in there for each element.

cheers..

You also need to have the remote busy lamp assignment form completed. If anything is not working correctly, you should see maint logs each time a call is placed to the monitored device.

thatnks for the repliestill having issues with the above, i get the following errors in the maintainence logs:-

Severity: Warning
Date: 2008/Jul/09
Time: 13:33:58
Source: Call Control - Maintenance
Description: Maintenance: Category(Category1); msgFormatId(0) Terminator PBX Busy Lamp Group exception report. Service: Wrt Rmt Blg, BLG Exception: No Dvc Mntr OLI: 7101, Mntr Dvc: 7575, DA: 1101

Log Number: 239
Time: 13:33:58
Description: Maintenance: Category(General); msgFormatId(0) Originator PBX Busy Lamp Group exception report. CP Exception: DPNSS cc reject Mntr Dvc: 7575, CEID Index: 42 Service: Wrt Rmt Blg, BLG Exception: No Dvc Mntr

Log Number: 267
Time: 14:38:08
Description: Maintenance: Category(General); msgFormatId(0) Terminator PBX Busy Lamp Group exception report. Service: Wrt Rmt Blg, BLG Exception: Dest Invalid OLI: 1101, Mntr Dvc: , DA: 2071007101

Description: Maintenance: Category(Category1); msgFormatId(0) Originator PBX Busy Lamp Group exception report. CP Exception: referenced unassigned device Mntr Dvc: 1686, CEID Index: 41 Service: Wrt Rmt Blg, BLG Exception: Nil Excepton

has anyone any idea what this means???????
Im still not convinced this isnt an issue on the DPNSS link between sites.
Really appreciate any feedback

If you check the remote busy lamp assignment form in each pbx, and recall the monitored device, are all of the extensions you have manually entered on one pbx's "remote host set directory number" field appearing on the other pbx's "local host set directory number" field?

have used this numerous times
it works.

check feature DN in your cluster assignment and make sure your device that you want to monitored has monitoring devices associated to it under the remote busy lamp field assignment

still havent got this working correctly.
out of interest has anyone had thi feature working on ver 8 ur 3????

cheers

yes. you must be missing something. can you activate and deactive msg waiting lamps on phones that are on a different controller? this will tell you if the feature dn is working. you need that for remote blfs

Hi Guys this is still going on!!!!

I now have the feature working between 2 sites that are on release 8.0.5.12

but i cant get it working on the site with 8.0.9.20 (rel 8 ur3 pr1)

can any of you guys that have this load running test and let me know if the feature works??

Id really appreciate any feedback

thanks

james

The feature DN must have the same amount of digits as the CEID DIGITS

Knowledge is power, thats why we share!

The feature dn and ceid digits are the same length. i have 3 site connected over ip trunks. 2 are on the same version and the blf feature works fine, 1 site is on rel 8 ur 3 pr 1 (8.0.9.20), there are many issues with this software, thus why i would appreciate it if someone could test with this version and let me know if it works.
i know my programming is ok, im trying to priove where the issue lies.

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back