Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

REMOTE ASSISTANCE NEED HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

sthelens

Technical User
Mar 6, 2007
GB
Hello this question may of been asked 100 times but I still can not get me remote assistance to work, I world like to connect me home computer to a friends house computer they are both behind a router each computer is behind a bt home hub and both have Windows XP Professional with the windows remote assistance on them, my house has a small network with 4 computers witch I can use remote assistance on them but when I try to connect outside the network over the internet it dose not work can It be done and can I have steps on how to do it if it can. thanks for any help.

Does the computer that you are trying to access have a terminal server hooked up to? It can be complicated if you don't know that much about terminal server.

This is a lot simpler method. You can use logmein software (go to do remote access and choose the free version and it is very secure. Your computer at home and the computer that you will need to access will need this software installed. The setup process is easy.

The request is being blocked by the router/firewall. You have to go into the destination's router/firewall and forward port 3389 to the ip address of the internal computer.

Brent
Systems Engineer / Consultant
CCNP, CCSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back