Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote alarm Monitoring 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThephoneDude

Vendor
Oct 7, 2003
US
Hi ,
I work for a new Nortel Partner and we are researching products for remote alarm capabilities. Can anyone give me some suggestions on a reliable cost effective solution? We need something that is capable of dialing into our National Service Center to notify us of an alarm ata customer site. Ideally the product would be IP and PSTN capable.

Switchview by Avotus is what we use. Has email notification. There may be better ones out there that I haven't heard of.

Fred,
Thanks for the reply. I have some information on the Teltronics SEB and I am waiting for a call back from my local rep. With the SEB do you have to program each SEB with the alarm parameters or does it work out of the box once you have your dial out information programmed in. If you have to program it with the alarm parameters is it an easy process? Can you do it with a script file? Thanks again for your help

Mark

I wish I could help more. I've never had the opportunity to program this box. Teltronics might be able to answer your question better than me. Sorry....

My vendor programs this box and they are very tight lipped about the process (for good reason).

Yes you will need to program each SEBll, they also have a new SEBea device that will receive SNMP traps and filter them traps and forward them onto the Iris server for alarms management. It is a very versital system that you will be able to run vertually any scripted you need for you situation.

Hi
Try and have a look at They provide alarm monitoring both on PSTN/IP. Addtionally they offer secure access and operation management tools. They´ve been around for more than 10 years and hav pretty good solutions.

cheers

Thank you all for your suggestions. We have chosen the Teltronics solution for our remote alarming needs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back