Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote Air Card Connectivity Disconnects

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 17, 2004
US
We have an interesting set up with a Citrix Server. The server in question has published applications, and is the only server in the farm. We have approximately 40 laptops that use air cards as their method of connection to the server. These are Sierra wireless air card 350's. This server had been operating without a problem with the air cards for a couple of years and we were forced to rebuild the server from scratch due to OS issues, and do not have any documentation on how the server was set up before the crash. Since the rebuild, the moble users are getting disconnected and loosing their sessions. We have gone through all the settings that we can think of in the Management Console and also in the TCP/IP Client Connection Configuration console. I have modified the disconnect settings, keep-alives and ICA settings in the Management Console (both farm and server level). I have done the same thing in the Connection Configuration as well. Also, when the laptops attempt to re-connect, they are getting a list of sessions to choose from, instead of only the session that they lost.
Does anyone have any ideas as to why the sessions are getting lost/disconnected? Or what settings I need to concentrate on since Citrix seems to have multiple locations to set these items?
Thank You!

On the citrix server set:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters]
"TcpMaxDataRetransmissions"=dword:0000000a

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Citrix]
"IcaEnableKeepAlive"=dword:00000001
"IcaKeepAliveInterval"=dword:0000003c

[KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters]
"KeepAliveTime"=dword:0000ea60
"KeepAliveInterval"=dword:000003e8

If that does not work, then play with the MTU setting on the server a bit:

HKLM\system\currentcontrolset\services\tcpip\parameters\interfaces\"ID for Adapter"

Add a dword value MTU with a value of 1492 decimal

(Default MTU for ethernet = 1500, for DSL = 1492, dial-up = 576)

NT/2000:

Network MTU(Bytes)
-----------------------------------
16 Mbit/Sec Token Ring 17914
4 Mbits/Sec Token Ring 4464
FDDI 4352
Ethernet 1500
IEEE 802.3/802.2 1492
X.25 576

Free citrixprinting support

I placed the changes on the server that you described, and several of the laptops are still disconnecting each other. Any other ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back