Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

remote agent for 9.1 can it be used for version 10.0 ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

blonde

Technical User
Mar 22, 2001
US
We just upgraded to veritas backup exec version 10.0. I noticed that the servers that had the old remote agents on them, looked like I could access them.? can I use the old agents. or do I need to uninstall old one, and re install new remote agent? or will the old remote agent work ??
blonde

9.x agent wont work correctly. Jut upgrade the current agent to 10. No need to uninstall. Just push out the new agent and it will upgrade it in place

Thank-you.. was not sure if the server would have to be rolled... blonde

how to do i upgrade remote agent from 9.1 to 10 cant push
it say all the time wrong password/user.. can copy ran 32 to the actuall server and run setup?

/TR

I have had some real problems upgrading the agents. Some servers would not uninstall the 9.1 agent. had to look at how to manually uninstall. then I tried to push from backup server. and I also have copied over the files to the remote server, and installed from there. Not sure I like this new version..
Even when I install from the copied files, I try to install from cmd line, and it just sits there..

any suggestions ??
Blonde

This will help you manually uninstall the remote agents:

If you are having an issue installing them try disabling all 3rd party services with msconfig and then doing an install using either setupaa.cmd or setupaofo.cmd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back