Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote Admin Console 5.1 MP2

Status
Not open for further replies.

doctorski

Technical User
Feb 18, 2004
GB
Hi,
Does anybody know if you can manage a 4.5 MP6 environment via Remote Admin Console at release 5.1 MP2.

I am managing two environments and am about to upgrade one from 4.5 MP6 to 5.1 MP2, and also upgrade R.A.C on my PC to 5.2 MP2

I will not be able to upgrade the other env for some time.

Also has anybody had any licensing issues with this upgrade.

Many thanks in advance.

RAC does not require a license.
I have used 5.0 MP3 RAC for managing two backup environment one with the master server at NB 4.5_FP6 and the other master server at NB 5.0_MP3

Bob Stump
Just because the VERITAS documentation states a certain thing does not make it a fact and thats the truth

Cheers Bob just what I wanted.

Sorry, I meant master server license issues.

Thanks again.

The only item that may not be compatible, is a Java gui. This is pretty stringent. The java gui used on 5.1 will not work with 4.5 or vice versa.

However, you may install both java versions to your remote admin PC...........just place them in two different locations during the install.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,
Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back