Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote activex exe starts twice ! ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bart9140

Programmer
Aug 1, 2001
NL
Hy,

Following configuration :

client --> COM --> business.dll --> DCOM --> Persistence.exe

If a client starts the program - and the persistence.exe on the server wasn't already running -, the client triggers the persistence.exe to get running. The .exe (with all his classes in it) keeps running because i added a form. Whenever another client starts, he sees that the .exe is already running and the classes are instantiated within that same .exe.

From time to time, it happens that for whatever reason the client triggers to start another instance of the persistence.exe. So now i have 2 clients working on the first .exe and another working on the second .exe.

Does anybody know why i got several .exe's ??
Will it go so far that every client gets his own dedicated .exe ?

Please help a beginning dcom'er !

I had this same problem once when I was running an ActiveX EXE in a DCOM application. It turned out that each seperate instance was being created by different user profiles. Run DCOMCNFG and make sure that you have a user ID assigned to your DCOM application and that it is not set up ro run as the launching or interactive user. - Jeff Marler B-)

Hi Friend Use GetObject("EXEname.ClassName") Instead of Using CreateObject. using getObject ur Client Will get the refrence of the Object already Running if No Object is Running then it Will create new.

Problem is Solved........

Manu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back