Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulpr90

IS-IT--Management
Jul 23, 2002
GB
Hi All,

I am having a problem with SBS 2003. I cannot seem to logon remotley. I have been through all the wizards.

I keep getting "You are not authotised to view this page"

I have looked at IIS etc.

Can someone point me in the right direction cant see the problem driving me mad.

Many Thanks Paul

Well what exactly are you trying to login to remotely? Are you trying to get into OWA? Are you trying to RDP into your server? And are you trying to do all this from inside the office or from home?

Hi,

All of the above.

When I http://[ip address]/remote all I get is "You are not authotised to view this page"

Thx Paul.

I'm still confused-what are you trying to accomplish? Are you just trying to open your website?

In order to login from remote using RDP, the account you are using must have administrative privlidges and in the properties of the account, select dial-in and make sure "allow access" is selected.

KM

Hi All,

Sorry I havent replied been away.

Kmcallister When I http://[ip address]/remote I get the digital certificate screen and then "You are not authotised to view this page".

I dont get as far as the login screen.

This is a problem I have inherited when I took on the job.

I would really like to avoid reinstalling SBS I have checked IIS and and setup internet and email settings using the wizard. I have even checked the settings with another server I look after elsewhere and I cant see any differences. I must be looking in the wrong place. What would you check first as the most important part.
The guy who owns the server is in portugal on holiday wants to read mail etc.

Many Thanks, Paul.........

No, SeanAIX430, as he explained, he's trying to connect to the Remote page on an SBS box.

Paul - what if you attempt the login from the server console using
Also, did you install an SSL certificate?

Pat Richard, MCSE(2) MCSA:Messaging, CNA(2)

Hi Sean,

Yeah that works ok I get the correct login screen when I use from the server.

What does that mean?

Many Thanks Paul.....

That means you likely have a firewall or routing issue, and not a server issue.

For RWW, you have to make sure port 4125 is forwarded to the server, in addition to the 80 or 443 that you're already forwarding.

Pat Richard, MCSE(2) MCSA:Messaging, CNA(2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back