Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

sentel

Vendor
Apr 1, 2004
US
Is their a safe way to set up a line with the remote access package feature. For instance to give a customer dial tone when he calls a given number. Can it be password proteced any way.

Am I going down the right road. Is their a better solution to the problem utilizing voice mail maybe??

Sola Scriptura

Not exactly sure of your question...details?

Viking makes a few "remote access" units that are PIN protected.

I have a customer with a norstar cics. It has a feature for remote access. this gives the customer ability to call in on a line that is programmed to give the caller dial tone. This caller can then dial out of the system, hence putting toll charges on the company bill not their's.

I am looking for a sfe way to roll this out with out giving anyone who calls the number access to dial out freely.

Sola Scriptura

COS password and remote packages will do the trick

I've wondered alot about the REMOTE ACCESS also .. don't you need a PRI for that to work ???

sorry I was out, so I take it you got it to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back