Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote access using a DID, 406V2 with embedded VM

Status
Not open for further replies.

31LDog

Programmer
Aug 7, 2003
US
I have a site with 406V2, PRI24, and embedded voicemail. Trying to connect using an available DID. I have read several other posts but am still having trouble. I did the following but don't know what I am missing:

1) Set incoming call route with destination as remote manager
2) changed password on user/remote manager. Do I put the extension # of the DID in appropriate field and create a VOIP ext?
3) Set IP route with destination as remote manager.

When you call this DID it rings to operator ext (Main hunt group)

What next?

You must create a route to destination blank for the incoming calls did go to the extension is correct. The RemoteUser just what to create in the SAR with the same password that the user creates

by default the IPO will have a remote user created. In incoming call routes you will see Any Data with a destination of Remote User. this means any DATA call on any PRI channel will route to the Remote Manager. In remote manager you will have a password set. In IP route by default the remote manager has IP address of 192.168.99.0.

This will work fine unless you are dialling in from a .99 subnet. In System tab is the IPO set as a DHCP server or just for Dial In. If not you will need to specify an IP address in the .99 subnet so that when you dial in you will use this address. If you are not using DHCP on IPO just set it to DIal in Only then a simple click and you are In.

Remember passwords and user names are case sensitive.

if you get more problems, describe at what stages you get them at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back