Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

remote access to Legend mail admin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MWM

MIS
Aug 9, 2001
... local voice mail access works fine: dial intercom + 770 + 0 + #, etc.

Remotely, I can call into an extension and use *7 or *8 to transfer and Merlin Messaging answers but-- HOW TO GET SYSTEM MANAGER?

The purpose is to administer vm boxes--reset pw, etc.

Possible?

Thanks,
mwm

You log into the System Administrator's mailbox remotely the same way you log into any other mailbox remotely.

Call the Auto Attendant. Dial *7. Follow the prompts.

.. right, TTT (I was just reading one of your other posts on !)

But using the local sys admin Intercom + 770 + 0 + # gets and error message, "Cannot access that mailbox."

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
mwm

... the precise error message after *7 (enter mailbox number) and 770 + # is "Invalid entry."

Same with 77 + #, 77 + 0 + #, etc.

Thanks again,
mwm

After you dial *7, you are prompted to enter the Extension Number and #, not 770, but 0# and then the password and #

Thanks, TTT;
I have to confess my ignorance of this old Legend and its MMessaging;
But, what is the MM System Manager's mailbox number?

Locally, of course, one just dials Intercom + 770 + 0 + #. So I thought 770 was the default Sys Man ext number.

(FWIW, The internal system has four digit ext numbering.)

Thanks again,
mwm

You have to be patient. Dial intercom 770 - and wait for the voicemail to answer. Once prompted for a mailbox - key in 0# - when prompted for a password - key in the password and press #.

Remote access is the same - except - when the AA answers, press *7 - then you will get the same propmpts as if you had dialed intercom 770 internally.

If someone answers at the office, ask them to transfer you to ext 770 - and again, you will get the same prompts.

Tom Daugirdas,
President
STCG, Inc.
stcg.com

Great, Tom.
Thanks a lot!
Be patient ... I should have guessed! The eternal verities get me every time.

Yours
mwm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back