Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote Access to GRTD

Status
Not open for further replies.

gdcwillo

Technical User
Oct 30, 2003
GB
Does anyone know whats involved with displaying GRTD remotely? Got a trade show coming up soon and thought it would be a good idea for customers to be able to see the state of our customer service department in real time.

But we've never really done anything like this before.

Thanks

I have done this for our remote home workers coming in over VPN. I had to change the AgentLink client.ini file so that
no semi colon before UseClientIPForData and chnge the 0 to 1

On the angent link server you should then see that those users have a chevron before the dataset name as they are not using broadcast packets.

Paul DS

Can you tell me a tip of how can I install the GRTD application in a SCCS rls 4.2, the problem is when I tried to logged in and the Server answered that it could not logged in, but I do not know why, the GRTD release is 3.05.5 rev B.

Three things to check.
1. make sure user name and password are correct (case sensitve)
2.If ou know the IP address of the client machine, enter it in the box, else check the DHCP box.
3.The user needs to be an administrator of the machine the client is running on. (This is the one that usually catches me out).

Paul DS

Hi

I'm having trouble locating the agentlink client.ini file. I've looked on the server as well as the fat client. Any hints as to where I can find it??? thanks

One thing to add to Paul DS' comments, you don't need to be an admin to run GRTD. Change the permissions on the Nortel>GRTD folder to "Everyone" have "Modify" access and that should do the trick :)

Stu..

The agent link ini file should be

C:\WINDOWS\alclnt.INI

PD-S

---------------------------------
PDulfo aka pdiddy

Also, make sure that your network is configured to allow access remotely, mine wasn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back