Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

remote access to a r4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rioxone

Technical User
Jul 22, 2005
US
I cant seem to get a stable connection to my partner using my laptop. I even set the baud on my internal modem to 300 thats the only speed that i can get a connection with, but then the switch drops me. Any ideas.

Are you using any expansion cards? I can connect as long as it's the Partner system itself, but if I have any expansion cards connected, the remote thing works very poorly.

we have a vm card in and a announcment card, you will have to excuse my me i work on s8700's, this is my first partner.

Remote access with Partner ACS systems can be difficult. Most modems have trouble establishing a connection with the processor. Older posts in this forum indicate that some US Robotics external modems seem to work reasonably well.

I have found some PC's and laptops will require an external modem to make a solid connection, try some older posts for the brand and type. If you are dialing in, you may try connecting to an ext port direct to your modem, set it to auto line selection to intercom. dial string 76 for the internal partner modem. I have had better luck in this fashion than dialing in, but it is not perfect. I am not sure if you are trying to connect remote, or is you are on site.

You do not always get what you pay for, but you never get what you do not pay for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back