Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote Access through Firewall

Status
Not open for further replies.

gohard

Vendor
Jan 15, 2002
CA
Hi there,

I configured this particular phone server in the last year, but until now, haven't had any issues with it. My current issue is trying to port forward through to my trixbox installation. I can't. I initially thought it was the firewall not functioning, or the isp blocking ports. I have basically assumed that somewhere once upon a time, I set it up so that the only users that had access to it were from my old ip address, and any other connections/different ip address, wouldn't work. Does anyone happen to know where that setting might be?

Thanks in Advance.

Jaye

What do you have in your sip_nat.conf file?

Should look something like:

nat=yes
externip="Public IP Address"
localnet=192.168.xxx.xxx/255.255.255.0 "Private IP Address

I am talking just accessing the web gui for administration outside of the local area network.

Sounds like port 80 TCP is not forwarded to the private ip address of your Asterisk box.

I have confirmed that port 80 is not blocked.
i guess i will have to search all files and see if i can find an instance of my old ip address.

I assume you can browse to the internal IP address?

yep, I can do everything locally but once I am on the outside trying to get in, it doesn't work.

Have to assume that somewhere in your router, port 80 is not forwarded to the public ip address, or only certain public ip addresses are forwarded.

Just to follow up... Not solved yet.
I port forwarded to an aastra hand set and can get the web gui via port 80...

Bizarre...
If anyone knows where in the trixbox config files that would limit access only to the local arean network or specific wan addresses, would love to know where...

thanks.

If you installed Webmin on your Trixbox, then try browsing to your ipaddress:10000. Click on servers section, then Apache. Check to be sure it says "any" in the ip address field.

It turns out that the actual problem was the default gateway in trixbox.
I am not sure what it was using but ran netconfig, fixed the problem.
Thanks for taking the time to work on this with me... and hopefully I can contribute back in this same forum.
It's funny, b/c I was getting errors with sendmail, and ones that I had never seen before. Of course that's b/c my bsd mail servers are connected to the internet properly.
So a whole bunch of problems solved in one fell swoop.

Thanks.

Jaye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back