Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

remote access port?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ricksimm

Technical User
Feb 3, 2005
US
I am trying to set up remote access (not remote desktop). What is the port# that I would set up in the router to forward to the remote access server static IP address? I was going to set up the remote clients to use the routers public IP with the remote access port number ( like 192.168.1.100:nnnn where nnnn is the remote access port). Am I doing this correctly? Thanks.

Thanks for the response. The Netgear port assignments also show PPTP on port 1723. Therefore, if I port forward 1723 to the static IP of the remote access server and have all other requirements set up correctly then remote access will work. Is this correct? Thanks again.

I only use Pcanywhere and VNC. But those port assignments are universal as far as I know no matter the router type.

Bo

Kentucky phone support-
"Mash the Kentrol key and hit scape."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back