Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote access of voice mail 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

CQD74

Technical User
May 28, 2013
CA
I can't believe I have to ask in a forum for something that should be so simple but there it is:

I can't figure out how to access an IP Office Embedded voice mail remotly (i.e from another extension or, say, from home).

I found some information around like:

------
To log into your mailbox from a different location:

Dial your extension number.

When you hear your voicemail greeting, press 8
------

Which would make sense although its not working (i.e. the voicemail completely ignore the '8'.

I also found several extremely complicated instructions that seems to imply that I need to create a short code for every user that want to remotely access their voicemail.

I must be missing something somewhere; therefore HELP!

Spare DDI/line in ICR select the destination "voicemail" from the dropdown box....done. Users must have a VM code set :)

Sorry but I don't understand. Could you elaborate?

Thank you

Do you have an automated attendant that answers one or more of your telephone numbers? Make one of the selector codes, such as *, transfer to *17. Personally, since we run in Audix mode, and that is typically *7 for remote access to voicemail, I make * go to another automated attendant, and 7 in that auto attendant transfer to *17.

CQD74 if you dont understand amriddles answer then I recommend you either get training, or ask a local business partner to help with your IP Office. This isnt an end user forum. :)

ACSS - SME
General Geek

Have you read the Embedded Voicemail Installation Manual?

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back