Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

remote access-embedded voicemail 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

IPOllie

IS-IT--Management
Jun 22, 2007
does anyone have any idea how to set up remote access to voicemail via embedded vmail on ip office 4.0. here is what i have currently.

short code: *281
feature: voicmemail collect
tel: "?user" (where user is the name of the user)

i also have a phantom user at ext. 281 which unconditionally forwards to *281

i have set the breakout 3 to 281 on all users

when the caller gets the voicemail greeting and dials *3, nothing happens. mysteriously, during troubleshooting, i would get the voicemail greeting for ext. 281 when voicemail was turned on for ext. 281 (phantom). when i turned the voicemail off for ext. 281 (phantom), nothing would happen when you would type *3

any ideas?

ACA-Implementation IP Office
ACA-Implementation IP Telephony
CCNA
MCP-Windows XP
MCP-Server 2003

I may be missing your point, but if you take a DDI and set the destination to Voicemail, this should allow remote users to dial in and access their mail boxes.

We have found embeded voicemail to be a little odd in places although to be honest I think it is the fact that there are subtle diferrence from Pro and Lite that trip you up!

Business Phone Systems from Alfred Ashley - Voip and Avaya Digital Telephones for Offices in North West London

Why point it to a phantom user ?

if you wan to use a ddi for it then put the *281 in the destination of that ddi

if you want that the owner of the mailbox has access to his mailbox then add his number(s) in the sourcetab of that user

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

the customer has no did's/ddi's left. i have used the breakout digits in the past, but never for this reason. i am just confused as to why when i dial *281, it functions perfectly, but if you actually call and use the DTMF 3 breakout digit, it doesn't want to work right.

if anyone has ever used the breakout digits to remotely access their voicemail, please let me know. the customer has no did's left and they do not plan on purchasing any more. if there is another way to do it without using a did, please let me know as well. thanks.

CCNA
MCP-Windows XP
MCP-Server 2003

ok, here's the scoop kids......

i finally figured it out. using a phantom user (unconditionally forwarded to the short code to collect voicemail) did not work. the breakout fields will also only take digits and not * or #, so you cannot directly type a short code in the field. what you can do, is copy the short code (that contains characters such as * or #, mind you) and paste it in the breakout field of your choice.

this seems to work like a charm.

the user then calls their extension and hits *3 and uses their access code, and they are then able to collect their voicemail.

thanks for all of your input.

CCNA
MCP-Windows XP
MCP-Server 2003

Create a short code

500 ? vmcollect

point all breakout options required to 500

The above short code is how to get remote access on embedded vm.

ACA - IP Office Implement
ACS - IP Office Implement
ACE - IP Office Implement
ACI - IP Office Implement

i can always count on platinumguy or theprovider to chime in and one up me ;)

where were u on the 24th when i posted this?

CCNA
MCP-Windows XP
MCP-Server 2003

Training some newcomers to the joys of IP Office.

ACA - IP Office Implement
ACS - IP Office Implement
ACE - IP Office Implement
ACI - IP Office Implement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back