Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote 1608 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsaad

IS-IT--Management
Jun 20, 2002
US
Customer has 7.036 system with remote 1608l. Lan 2 was static public IP with SCN to two other locations (not me) but we have put in a firewall since it was being hacked. Will the 1608 phone go through a firewall or not? TCP 1720, Udp 1719, udp 49152- 53246 all forwarded to the IPO lan2. So far no luck and the recommendation is to get a 9608.

I suppose I am missing a port or ports. Kindly elaborate?

Is remote worker enabled for the user?

image_2022-05-23_205443090_g9ggwr.png
image_2022-05-23_205512518_ftdcjb.png

no remote worker option, at all. ports are opened, phone tries but can't register.

Shouldn't be trying to do this...but I mean....i've made it work before.
1608 isn't supported as a remote phone...like...ever...

-Austin
I used to be an ACE. Now I'm just an Arse.
qrcode.png

Will a 9608 work better? What about a SIP phone?

if truly SCN then the 16XX handsets should be connecting to their own local IPO & it is the data routing between the IPO's that needs to be checked

if you are trying to connect the 16XX handsets to the Main IPO Via a VPN then they are not considered remote workers. they just need configuring with the correct IP addresses for the IPO at the other end of the link.
if the network the 16XX is connected to does not have a VPN connection to the main network then they will not work as they would need to setup their own VPN connection which is outside their capabilities

96XX handsets have VPN capable firmware but your VPN solution need to be one of the ones they support.

to attempt to connect a sip phone over the Public internet an SBC is ESSENTIAL or you will be hacked again

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

ACSS

this particular 1608 will not register over a site to site vpn. all settings cleared, new call server, file server IP inputted. phone downloads files and get stuck at Discover 192.168.168.2 (my IP Office wan port).

A sip phone registers just fine and works.

It is a data routing issue on the VPN (probably VPN blocking H323 traffic)

It is ALWAYS a data network issue

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

ACSS

You are probably correct. However I did nothing special get the sip phone to register as far as the firewall/vpn is concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back