Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

remembering a value in unbound text box

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aydan

Technical User
Dec 14, 2002
BE
I have an unbound textbox which is filled in by the user. I haven't an options table for this value to be saved in.
The question is, is there a way to keep this value for later use, the next time the application starts it's still filled in as a default value?

Hi :)

Although I understand that if the text box is unbound so there must be reason for that. If there is only one value you are worried about than I will suggest to make a temp table and store the value in that table for later use. Tht will be quite easy way of doing thngs as I always make one or two temp tables with few temp fields in them for storing n manipulating such type of values.

Cheers!
ÙÇãá

A temporary table means that it will be removed when closing the application? And created back during runtime?

Hi :)

Temp table in this case will mean that you just create table in your database and use sql statement to insert data into them. If you wish you can also create and drop the table during runtime. But it will be easier if you just let that small table to sit in ur database.
Cheers!
ÙÇãá

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back