Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remember state of checkboxes in Grid View

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maven4Champ

Technical User
Jun 16, 2004
All,

I have a near-complete solution built to manage our application roles and responsibilities. In the Grid View, I run a validation on what is checked and if two roles that should not be associated with a single person (segregation of duties) then it highlights the row in red, disables the submit button, and displays a warning.

Now, if the user sees this warning and unchecks the box and hits the validation button again, it yields the same result - same row is highlighted red with the same warning.

It's as if unchecking the box doesn't persist/remember in the Grid View and my Validation sub doesn't pick it up.

I am already using a statement of "If CheckBox.Checked = True Then "do stuff....." but that logic doesn't persist all the way though apparently.

By the way, the validation does a post-back so I think I need to account for that in the logic - any advice is appreciated!

Just as an FYI, I am still having trouble on this one so any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back