Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remember Password 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrea001

Technical User
Jan 21, 2002
US
I've just got a new computer with Windows XP OS and Outlook Express 6.0. I'm trying to connect to my mail account but get prompted for a POP3 logon. The username is already in but I have to type in the password. The Remember Password box is checked but greyed out. I went into the accounts and typed in the password there and check remember password but still, each time I open Outlook Express I am prompted again. I haven't seen a password Icon in the control panels with XP. Wondering if anyone knows how to just get into outlook express without being prompted at all for a logon?? Any suggestions would be appreciated, I think I've tried everything I know of and I'm spinning my wheels!
Thanks,
Andrea

Andrea,

Once you type in your password when your connecting to your mail server are you able to retrieve your mail? The reason I am asking is because Windows/Outlook will not accept the password you setup in the accounts area until you sucessfully connect to your server for the first time.

Let me know. Chuck
tek-tips@aspenpkg.com

Chuck,
Yes, I do retrieve the e-mail.
Andrea

andrea,

ok, in order to correct this problem you will need to edit your registry. I have a rather lenghty solution from Microsoft that I can email or fax to you wish. My email is listed below

Chuck
tek-tips@aspenpkg.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back