Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remember - Daylight Savings Time Change 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjpearson

Technical User
Dec 13, 2002
US
Just a quick reminder:

_DST is changing this year.

Starts 11-Mar-07 and
Ends 4-Nov-2007.

You'll have to use LD02 to make the changes. Now is a good time to do it before you forget.

mike

The correct command is:

Boberator (TechnicalUser) 7 Feb 07 13:54
LD 02
FWTM 3 2 1 2 (Forward, March, 2nd Sunday, 2:00 AM)
BWTM 11 1 1 2 (Backward, November, 1st Sunday, 2:00 AM)
Una salus victus nullam sperare salutem. -P. Vergilius Maro

the last 2's stand for 2 am, correct? like 0200 (as opposed to 1400 which would be 2pm)?
I may have been suffering severe hunger pangs during my other post and was delusional.

You don't put the DATES in the command, because the dates are different every year. The command has to indicate the 2nd Sunday in March and the 1st Sunday in November, regardless of what the actual dates are year after year.

On the Swiss calendar, the first day of the week is Monday and the 7th day of the week is Sunday. So, do they have to make their time cange take place on the 7th day of the week, or is their Nortel software based upon the US/Canada calendar?

It takes a little getting-used-to at first, but with calendars printed Monday through Sunday, the weekend REALLY is the week end, and Sunday REALLY is the seventh day.

According to the books:

• FWTM <month> <week> <day> <hour>
month = 1-(4)-12 [January-December]
week = (1)-5, L [1st-5th, L is the last week of the month]
day = (1)-7 [Sunday-Saturday]

so it would be:
FWTM 3 3 1 2 (1st 3=month\March, 2nd 3=week\11th is in 3rd calender week, 1= day\date Sunday, 2= hour\military time 2:00 AM)

And then the same for backwards.
BWTM 11 2 1 2 (11=November, 2=week (Nov. 4th is in the 2nd calender week)1= the day(Sunday is listed as 1), 2= 2:00 AM)

Or am i just sooo wrong that I cant see it? Now i gotta go back and look at what i have...(-:

I finally got around to trying it last night. If you attempt do it now, the Nortel 11c gets really confused. So, the notes in the book that tell you to make the changes during _DST time period are correct. If you do it now, the Nortel displays some very strange things.

BTW: Our system in the SouthWest near the border and we've been trying to figure out how to set the Nortel to the Aztec Calander. Anyone know how to change it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back