Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Relocation of profiles / User created files in Remote Desktop Sessions

Status
Not open for further replies.

deamar4

MIS
Feb 24, 2005
US
Wondered if anyone out there could give me a hand with a problem I am experiencing....
I am "rolling out" thin client PC's for use in some remote offices. I have re-created myuser accounts in my 2k server to be roaming profiles. I have these accounts in a users folder on my "E" drive for space (or lack of space) reasons. My "C" drive will not support locating these accounts on the "C" drive.
So, heres the problem. Everytime the users log into the server via a remote desktop session, the "C" drive becomes populated with the users information including temp internet files, saved files the users saves during the session, etc. This runs my"C" drive out of space. Does anyone know how to re-direct the user using a roaming profile to another letter drive in a 2000 server and away from the "C" drive??
I have tried all the basics and nothing seems to get the users directed to the E:users folder where their roaming profile exists.
Also when these users enter the server on a remote desktop session they are seeing more than I want them to see. The users seem to have access to the explorer window, net neighborhood, etc., stuff you dont want standard users seeing in your server.
Is there a pro out there who can redirect my users to another drive and limit their remote desktop access to the server to the desktop I want them to use and NOTHING else??? I very much appreciate any help anyone can supply.

I am having almost the same problem. I have enabled roaming profiles and set the profile directory to a network share. When a user logs on to the terminal server it does read the profile from the network shard but also creates the profile on the C: drive of the server. Even though I have enabled roaming profiles to be deleted in Group policy the profile remains when the user logs out. Any help from anyone would be helpfull.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back