Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Relocating the CG Cache folder

Status
Not open for further replies.

slayswift

Technical User
Apr 14, 2003
PH
I'm running Premiere 6.5 on Windows 98SE. I do not know what is the CG Cache folder for. It keeps popping out even if I delete it and it appears as if it randomly defaults into any of my directories. How do I relocate it?

I think that every time you use Premiere and you render something, it saves information in this folder. If you move it, it won't be able to find a folder at all, so it will make a new one (I think.) You might check the settings to see if you can have this folder be created where you want it.

I am having this same problem with WinXP. There are no references to it in any of the prefs, nor can I find any hint of this problem on Adobe's website support pages. I haven't finished scouring the user forums yet though on the Adobe site, but I'm not optimistic.

the CG Cache folder is created within the folder that the shortcut to premiere is located in, so if you launch it from the desktop, it creates a folder on the desktop. I moved the shortcut to the quicklaunch toolbar and the problem disappears (I'm sure it recreates the cache folder within the quciklaunch folder but at least I don't have to look at it) or you could always launch it from the start menu with the same result

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back