Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reloading Cisco PIX 506e 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmtoth

MIS
Sep 7, 2005
US
For some odd reason, our remote users who use the Cisco VPN client software will suddenly lose connection.

The only way for them to regain the connection is for me to log into the Cisco PIX and type 'reload'.

After that, they can log in again just fine. Then a few days later, I'll have to reload again.

It's been happening semi-regularly for 6 months now. But I can see no pattern.

Any ideas on what could be causing this?

Thanks

what version is the FOS?

sh ver

MITS_Sig.gif

Cisco PIX Firewall Version 6.3(3)
Cisco PIX Device Manager Version 3.0(1)

Thanks!

i manage a lot of 6.3.(3) boxes with vpn and no issues

are you running sysloging? you might get more info from the logs to indicate the source of the problem.

MITS_Sig.gif

What pix model are you using!? 501 with restricted user license ( 10 - 50 ? )

Sounds strange. If you got access to smartnet download the latest software and upgrade the pix to 6.35

Otherwise i would setup a syslog like br0ck says ( get the free one from kiwi ).

Unfortunately I do not have access to smartnet.

I am planning on setting up a linux server to use as a syslog server.

I looked at kiwi, but wouldn't a linux server be better?

Linux server is nice to have..

But you can get kiwi up on a win pro/server box in minutes and get the info you need to fix the problem

Here is a FAQ on setting up the pix w/ kiwi

faq35-4302

Guys, I installed Kiwi as suggested and now it's logging a boatload of information.

What do I look for to fix this problem?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back